Fire caused damage to a Renville County Business Friday afternoon.
The Renville County Sheriff’s Office says just before 3:30, they received a 911 call reporting a structure fire at Schweiss Bi-Fold Doors. That business is located in the 72000 block of 470th Street, in Martinsburg Township, south of Hector.
The business is owned by 65-year-old Michael Schweiss of rural Hector.
Authorities say the preliminary investigation revealed that there was a fire within one of the walls of the robotic welding shop. The fire is believed to have started after a large exterior gutter had been welded to the building the previous day. It is believed that the wall and ceiling insulation began to smolder and eventually caught fire due to the heat caused from welding the gutter to the building.
A damage estimate has not yet been made. There were no injuries.