The Minnesota Department of Transportation urges anglers to plan ahead and use caution while driving through highway work zones on the way to their favorite fishing spots this weekend.
Motorists may encounter lane closures and detours because of transportation projects that are under way this construction season. Some areas of the state are also experiencing flooding. MnDOT recommends that motorists prepare for slower moving traffic, think about alternate routes, and visit www.511mn.org to get information about road construction projects and traffic impacts.
Note: Expect heavier traffic in and around Albert Lea where the governor’s annual fishing opener will occur on area lakes May 9-12.
Some of the highway projects that may affect weekend travel include:
- I-35W Minnesota River Bridge Replacement – Alternating lane closures, narrow lanes, ramp closures
- I-35W Downtown to Crosstown – Northbound and southbound lane closures between I-94 and 46th Street, ramp closures
- I-35W MnPASS North – Northbound lane closure between Roseville and Blaine, southbound reduced to two lanes, nighttime work
- I-35 split in Forest Lake – Lane closures, single lane traffic
- I-35 Rush City – Northbound and southbound single lane traffic near Harris
- I-35E Mendota Heights – Roadway reduced to one lane, alternating lane closures, ramp closures, nighttime work
- I-494 Inver Grove Heights – Westbound traffic reduced to two lanes, ramp closures