A Kimball woman escaped a house fire Saturday morning with minor injuries.
At just after 9:30am, Stearns County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a house fire at 31 Elm Street South in Kimball.
A neighbor called 911 and said the only occupant was out of the home.
The homeowner, 73-year-old Judy Anderson, received minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
Anderson told officers she was using a cigarette lighter to burn a wood tick wrapped in a napkin and some nearby paper started on fire.
Kimball Fire Department extinguished the fire.
The home suffered extensive smoke and fire damage.